Amy is currently finalising her training as a Provisional Psychologist and will soon be a fully registered Psychologist at Connect Psychology. Amy has spent the last 4 years working with children and young adults on the Autism Spectrum, focusing on emotional regulation, anxiety, social skills development, and capacity building in daily living skills and positive relationships. Prior to this, she has worked in a mentoring role with young people in foster care.
Amy has a warm and gentle approach and is passionate about working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other developmental delays. As a mother of two young children Amy relates to the pressures and challenges of parenthood and enjoys working collaboratively with families to achieve positive outcomes.
Amy’s particular areas of interest include:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder, including Pathological Demand Avoidance
- Emotional regulation difficulties
- Challenging behaviours
- Self-awareness and confidence
- Social relationships including bullying and the development of social skills
- Parental support and wellbeing