What is the focus of the group? On the core social and behavioural skills for success in the school environment.
Who can join? Children who have spent a minimal time in school or are about to commence.
When is the group? January
The school readiness group uses a range of evidence-based activities but also with an emphasis on having fun together and making new friends. The group covers:
- listening and following instructions
- joining in and being part of a group
- lining up and cooperating
- taking turns
- sharing information (for example “morning talks”)
- having conversations with friends
- enjoying recess time
Midway through the session, we break for “recess”.