Cherie is a Registered Psychologist with over 20 years of experience in working with children with developmental, neurological, behavioural, and social difficulties.
Cherie brings an individualised approach to her work with children, young people, and, when appropriate, with parents, school staff and other professionals, so that advice and strategies can be provided on how best a particular child can be assisted and supported. Cherie has a unique ability to connect with children and through her warm, non-judgmental approach, is able to develop genuine and trusting relationships with her clients.
In her therapeutic work, Cherie works with clients using cognitive behaviour therapy enhanced with play therapy approaches. She has a special interest in:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Challenging behaviour
- Friendship and Social Skills
- Emotional Regulation Difficulties
- Anxiety Disorders, including generalized anxiety, separation anxiety, social anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder
- Depression and mood difficulties
- Gender Dysphoria
- Transition to High School
- School refusal
- Sleep difficulties
- Adjustment difficulties following parental divorce or separation
- Parenting skills and behaviour management support
Cherie also undertakes assessments as part of the Assessment Team, and is a registered Secret Agent Society provider.